Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Results: Cap Toe Shoes




Cap toe shoes are a huge trend and now you can DIY!

I don't want to brag, but crafting may be my talent. I am so excited about the outcome of my shoes that I want to make ones in every color. This project was actually pretty fun and very simple. Here are a couple tips if you are thinking about doing this yourself. 

Tip 1: I went to Payless for shoes and they had cute flats like the ones above in nude, black and white for only $16.99. They also had cute plain wedges that I may try next in multiple colors for $26.99.
Tip 2: I went to the craft store and bought Krylon fluorescent spray paint, but you also need to buy sealer; I used Krylon "Make It Last."
Tip 3: Use packing tape and tape the soles and the top of the shoe with all straight edges of the tape to get a nice clean finish.
Tip 4: Find a place you cannot destroy in case you get carried away, I chose the grass and aimed away from the house. 
Tip 5: Let dry and peel the tape....waahlaa!! You now have a super cute pair of trendy shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment